CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Basement to Craft Room

I am so excited that I am actually getting a designated space to sew, scrapbook, make banners, etc.! Our house is something like 80+ years old. When we bought it, it had been gutted and completely remodeled with an addition added. The basement, however, still looks 80 years old! I currently keep all of my crafting stuff in a small closet in the guest room, strewn about the guest room, on the dining table, kitchen counter, yeah you get it, everywhere!

The process began last weekend with the installation of 2 of the 5 new windows. The hubby is super handy, thank goodness, so we don't have to hire a contractor to come do all of this work!
Here are some before and after.
"I can see clearly now...."

Here is the basement from the start. Totally icky and not a place of inspiration!

I already have the room finished and decorated in my head and if it turns out this fabulous, I don't know how you will pry me out of this space! The color scheme is going to be black, white, and green.
I plan to do a black and white chevron pattern on the floor.

I plan to do a faux board and batten about 4 foot up the wall and then paint the top green.
The furniture will be from IKEA in this line: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/series/09064/ It will be black.

I am going to make a slipcover for a sofa we already have in a fabric that I already found in wide black and white stripes with a small green stripe thrown in.

Um, yeah I can't wait for it to be done. The sheetrock is being delivered tomorrow!

2 comments:

ashleylu said...

<3 this! When you're done, please come do mine. Thanks =)

ashleylu said...

<3 this! When you're done, please come do mine. Thanks =)