CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 6, 2009

2 month check-up

We had Jagger's 2 month appointment today. He weighed 9lbs. 15 ozs. and is 22 inches long. He was in the 15% for weight, 20% for height, and 30% for head circumference. The dr. said he looked good. He had what looked like a blister on his penis on Friday evening and I started putting a&d ointment on it and it cleared up. She said that it was probably mucus and that it was fine. He also always seems to have a stuffy nose, but she said that it is normal. Then there were the vaccines :( He actually did pretty good for them. He cried when they gave them to him, but when I picked him up, he was ok. He is now sleeping. I did better than I thought also, I did not shed a tear! While I don't like seeing my little man crying like that, I feel like I should be there for him, since I am his mommy, so I knew I had to be strong for him. He might be getting close to rolling over, too. He was in a postion that the dr. said he would be in when he would roll over. She just gave him a little nudge and he went from tummy to back! We will have to watch close so that he will not roll off of the sofa when I have him doing tummy time on it.

The nurse also recommended that we start putting him down for bed before he is asleep so that he will learn to put himself to sleep. We will see how that goes! I will let him fuss, but he is still too young to cry it out. Heck, I will probably never let him CIO! When I get up to feed him in the middle of the night, I just feed him and then put him back in bed and he does fine with that, but he is still mostly asleep. When we get back from TN I am going to start working on a better napping schedule for him and to take naps in his crib. I can tell that he likes his routine at night, so I am sure he will do fine with a daytime routine also.

Only a few more days until we leave for TN!! I am really excited that Jagger finally gets to meet so many people that have been waiting to meet him! His Memaw (my grandmother) is dying to get her hands on him! She keeps telling my mom that she will keep him while me and Aaron go do something. There are very few people that I would trust to keep Jagger, and she is one of them. I wish my grandaddy was here to meet him. My mom also can't wait to see him again. She isn't going to recognize him when she sees him since he has grown so much! When she last saw him, he was just a little peanut, and now he has gotten to be a big boy! Tim, Holly, Jason, and Tammy are going to come over my mom's on Friday evening to meet Jagger and my mom is going to cook dinner for us. My mom has to work on Thursday, so I think we will spend alot of the day with Memaw, and try to catch up on some sleep! On Sunday, Easter, we may or may not go to church and we will have lunch with my family. I think Aaron and Jason are planning on doing something, but I'm not sure when. We don't really have any other plans set in stone, I just know that I will not be dragging Jagger all over because he doesn't like it and I don't want him exposed to a bunch of people that I barely know. Can you tell I am a little protectvie of him!?! We will not be doing stuff much in the evening either since Jagger goes to bed at 7:30 - 8.

No comments: