CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 8, 2009

One year ago today....

we found out we were having a baby! I swear it doesn't seem like it has been a year, time goes by too quickly. I sometimes wish I could rewind life and go back to when Jagger was a teeny little baby. I try to take in every day the best that I can because I know it goes by so quickly.

Jagger is also 4 months old today. Again, where has time gone. I will take a picture of him later, he is a sleepy boy from his appointment this morning.

We had his 4 month check up and shots today. He weighs 12 pounds 13 ounces (13th percentile), 24 inches long (19th percentile), and head circumference of 41.5 cm (31st percentile). So he has jumped up in the weight percentile even though he is still small and he has a big noggin! I am going to start giving him more zantac because the current dosage seems to have stopped working as well. If it does not work well, then we will start with another medication. She was impressed with how high and how long he holds his head up and then he rolled over! We talked about starting solids. She does not recommend that they be started before 5 months, but preferably 6 months. I already knew that I was not going to start until 6 months. I have done alot of research and I think this is what is best for Jagger. So many people start their little one's on solids before it is time and probably without doing alot of research on it. I found that kellymom.com and Wholesome Baby Food have a tremendous amount of information. I have had a few people tell me that I should start Jagger on cereal because it may help him sleep through the night. I beg to differ. You do not replace a feeding with cereal, you do it after a baby as been fed with breastmilk or formula. Also, starting foods too early can cause food allergies not only now, but later in life. The babies gut is still open until 6 months of age. It really makes me mad when people try to tell me that he is still hungry and he needs cereal, you don't know, because you are not around him. (This is not directed towards anyone that reads this, as far as I know) I guess my point is, I know my baby, I have done my research, I am doing what is best for him, period. We also talked about Jagger not sleeping well at night. I told the dr. that I was not willing to let him CIO and she agreed. She said that he is too young and I have to do what I feel comfortable with. I told her about the book I was reading and she said that it has some very good tips in it. This is another issue that really bothers me and everyone has an opinion about it. To me it is like an adult being stuck in a dark place all alone and them being scared, yet no one comes to comfort them. Would you like that? I know I wouldn't. So how can you make crying it out valid? I don't care what you did with your baby and how they turned out, I know Jagger would not like it and I know he is not old enough to even consider it. Again, it will never happen. I will get up with him if he contiunes to wake until he is 5 before I let him CIO. I just know who I will leave him with if it is ever around bedtime, no one but me or Aaron. Oh, it's not going to hurt him, maybe not physically, but emotionally it will and that is all that matters to me. Sorry, I feel very strongly about this subject. It just really bothers me when I know I am making the right decision because I have done my research and I have talked to the peditrician, yet you know nothing about it except what so and so did or what you did with your child. I don't want parenting advice unless I ask for it. I have made it four months with a very happy and healthy baby doing what I know is best for him. Sorry for the vent, and again, this is not directed to anyone that reads this, but I hope you find some useful/helpful information from my research if you have a baby or a baby on the way.

We close on our house tomorrow. We bought paint over the weekend and our blinds came it. I will be trying out the convection oven pretty quick because I am making cupcakes for a friends baby shower that is Sunday. I can't wait! I am still very irritable (if you can't tell from the rant above), so I will apologize ahead of time if I say something mean to anyone. The pedi recommended that I call my ob to discuss how I am feeling to see if I can get on a medication because I may be going through post partum depression. I am not sure if I am or not since it is quite stressful right now with the house and Jagger not sleeping well or not, but if it would make me feel better, then I am willing to give it a try.

No comments: