CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 15, 2009

What a ride

Aaron and I have been talking about how our lives have changed SO much over the past 18 months. It is beyond amazing! Aaron finally got a job that he likes and he gives us a wonderful life. I got a job that I loved and it was a hard decision to become a sahm, but my "new" job is much more rewarding! We finally got to move away from crappy Tennessee. We never thought it would be north, but south. Honestly, I am so happy that it worked out that we moved up here. It fits Aaron and I so much better than the south. Most people from back home couldn't live here because it is like a different world and nothing like the south, but I am truly happy here. Then we decided it was time we expanded our family, little did we know how much love was in our hearts to welcome such a precious baby boy! Motherhood is everything I expected it too be and much more. Jagger is an absolute sweetheart and I never ever knew that I could love something so small so much and instantly. The love a mother has for her child is like no other. It is a different kind of love. Now we own a home. It is the american dream and it has come true for us! We have the perfect little house to watch Jagger grow up in! Before it was even ours, he laughed for the first time in this house! Today he started blowing raspberries! Seriously, could life get any better?!?!

Our house is coming together, slowly. We have the living room and dining room painted and arranged how we want it. It is a very neutral green called lion. I still have to decorate, when I get to those boxes! I started painting the kitchen today, it is going to be a yellow color called bagel. I will take pictures soon and post them. It is starting to feel like home! After I get the kitchen painted, I am going to start on Jagger's bathroom, it is going to be golf. We are wanting to get more done outside while it is nice and then do more inside in the winter. Outside, we are going to be putting up a fence hopefully starting this week, landscape the yard so that it slops away from the house, create flower beds, put shutters on the house and possibly window boxes for flowers, get the driveway concreted, actually get grass growing, not weeds, and I am sure there is something i am forgetting. Some things we plan to do inside is tile the entry from the garge and put in hardwood steps instead of carpet, it is already super muddy and dirty. We are also going to put slate tile in the bathrooms and possibly get a different vanity for Jagger's bathroom. I am going to paint Jagger's room, the guest room (probably bagel because I will have alot left over), and then paint our bedroom and bathroom. That will not be fun with 15 foot ceilings in our bedroom! We have meet all of our neighbors and they are wonderful! They see us out and come to introduce themselves, wave, come say hi, or come tell us things about the community. You know those perfect little communities that you always see on tv with super freindly neighbors? That is our community, it is awesome!

Like I mentioned above, Jagger started blowing raspberries today! It is so cute! I just started noticing it this afternoon and Aaron said he heard him this morning when he was changing his diaper, but thought it was coming out the wrong end! It is adorable! We meet a friend for Jagger. There is a 6 month old baby across the street named William, can you imagine how much fun they will have, being so close in age! Jagger started teething and it was bad at first, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him as much anymore. He is still getting up alot at night and I have not had time to finish my book, so we have not made or started a plan. I have never seen a baby as happy as Jagger, seriously he is always happy! The only time he cries or fusses is when he is sleepy or hungry. He doesn't even do that if I catch it a little before I know he is about to get ready for a nap or bedtime.

So, that is what is going on in the Jackson home! I will try to post some pictures soon, first I have to find the cord to get the pictures on my computer!

1 comment:

enjjack said...

I'm busy but I enjoy hearing from you. Jagger sure is growing. Love y'all. Gran & Paw