CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Quick update

First, update on my brother....

He was discharged on Monday. He was supposed to have an exploratory surgery with a scope and also a biopsy of the spot on his lung and spleen, but the thoracic surgeon thought it was too big of a risk because he was almost positive that it was the fungal infection. I wish I knew the exact term, but I don't! He could have gotten this from Mexico 3 years ago or it could just be from living in the south in the damp humid conditions. He is on a medication that should clear it up. He goes back in a month to have another ct scan. The bad part about it being this, it can reoccur at anytime. I am just glad he is feeling better and that it was nothing too serious.

Second, the house.....
We close in less than a week!!!!! Our appliances are being delivered on Friday and I am going to make sure that they come in good condition. We are getting our window coverings in today! We will be buying the paint this weekend. We basically just have to pack the kitchen and move everything out to the garage to be ready for the move in a week. The girl that kept Jagger when I worked is going to keep him when we move and her boyfriend is going to help us move. Not much longer! I seriously can't wait! I know this sounds corny, but I can't wait to use my convection oven and my front load washer!! I have never been so excited to wash clothes! I am always excited to bake!

Third, Jagger....
He is doing good! He is still waking up alot at night. Unfortunately, he has been sleeping with us because it is so exhausting have to get up every 1 1/2 to 3 hours to feed him. I think I am creating a monster. I have not gotten more than 3 hours of sleep in 2 weeks. I weighed him yesterday and he did not weigh as much as I think he should. I will not tell you how much he weighed since I have the poll on the right! I am going to start giving him a 5 oz. bottle of bm in the am and pm with his medicine. In fact, last night I gave him 5 1/2 ozs. and he drank all of it. He is getting more and more of a personality and is so cute! He will just all of the sudden bust out laughing when he is staring at Abby or she starts barking, it is SO adorable! He is SUCH a mommy's boy. I feel bad for Aaron, but I think it is just a stage and he knows that I feed him. I am also always here with him. His 4 month birthday is on Monday and we also have his check up that day.

Fourth and finally, me....
I have become so exhausted that I could care less what is going on most of the time. I could cry at the drop of a pin. I am ugly to Aaron for no reason, but can't help it. Like right now, I feel really happy and am excited about the move, but by this afternoon, I will probably not care. My milk seems to have taken a plunge, which doesn't help the matter. When I have pumped to give Jagger bottles I only get maybe 1 oz. where I used to get 3 ozs. I am going to start taking an herbal supplement again, eating oatmeal, and try to drink a gallon of water a day. If I can, I am also going to pump for 10 minutes after Jagger gets done eating. Hopefully all of this will help, if not, it will really put me over the edge. Yes, Jagger has gotten almost 4 months of breast milk and that is way longer that most women bf, but it is so important to me to be able to nurse him for a year. It is not only for the benefits, but because it is that special bonding time that only me and Jagger can have. So, hopefully Jagger will start sleeping for longer stretches in his bed soon and I will start producing more milk. I have also been thinking about my grandaddy alot lately. I go through spells where I think of him multiple times a day instead of just once or twice a day. I miss him so much, but I am glad he is not suffering anymore. Aaron reminds me of him in alot of ways when it comes to how they both feel about there families. Grandaddy did everything he could to provide the best for his family and give them a good life. Aaron does the same thing. I hope we can raise and teach Jagger to be the same way, that is if I ever let him have a girlfriend, much less a wife :)

Well, that was not so quick or short, but that is what is going on!

1 comment:

enjjack said...

Thanks Jamie. You have a lot on your plate right now. Just don't be to hard on yourself. We love you and we think you are good for Aaron and our Jagger. Working really hard right now. Gran