CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Will the baby be watching the super bowl with his daddy?

Like I mentioned in my previous post, the dr. mentioned that my blood pressure was elevated, but she was not concerned about it. Since then, I have been getting headaches, nothing to bad, and the past 2 nights I have had severe upper abdominal pain. I was reading about gestational hypertension this am, and saw that the abdominal pain is a sign of high blood pressure also, so I called my drs. office this am and they wanted me to come right in for a weight check, bp check, and to check for protein in my urine. I have lot .6 lbs., so that is good, my bp was 140/79(higher than it was on Wednesday), and I am not sure about the protein. The nurse went and reported the findings to the dr. and she wanted me to take a preeclampsia test and to collect my urine for 24 hours. The pre-e test came back normal and I am still collecting urine, fun! I have been getting headaches this evening and my vision does seem to be slightly blurred. I am supposed to call in the morning if I have had any headaches or the abdominal pain. They may be going to induce me, but I will see tomorrow after taking my jug of pee back! In a way, I would be happy for them to induce me, since I think that is where I am headed anyway, but I am scared also because I have heard how bad the labor is. I have had absolutely no contractions and very few braxton hicks in the past week, so I see no end in sight.

No comments: