CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy 2009!

I know I am a few days behind, but Happy New Year! I hope that 2009 is as great as 2008 was for us. We have been so fortunate this year in more ways than one! We got to finally move away from TN, Aaron got an amazing job, I got a job that I LOVE, we have gotten to experience so much, and best of all, we are having a baby. Even though we didn't actually have him in 2008, I still feel like he has been a big part of 2008. I am sad that 2008 also took away a very important person in my life, my grandfather. I still miss him alot and wish that he was here to meet this very special person we are welcoming into our world this year.

It has also almost been a year since we have moved to Wisconsin. Like I have said before, I would have never chosen to live here, but I am so glad we were given the opportunity. I have not missed Tennessee at all. The only time I wished I was there is for Christmas. I like it up here because everyone is so much more open minded. In the south, you were looked down on if you did not do what the "in crowd" was doing or did not own what they owned. It was all about who had the better car or the bigger house, who had the designer clothes or the most jewelry, and who you were friends with. It is also so racist down there. Even those who say they are not racist are because they will turn around and say something negative about a black person. I am so glad my son does not have to grow up in that.

Now on to Henry! It is time for him to get out. I am so over being pregnant. I sleep for 2 hours and I have to pee, I can't ever get comfortable, I am starving all the time, I can't live a normal life with out being uncomfortable, (warning TMI) I can't poop, I have been a total bitch lately should I go on? Don't get me wrong, I am SO glad that I have gotten this experience and would not change it for the world, but I am ready to be semi-normal again. I want to sleep on my stomach, give Aaron a REAL hug, eat what I want to and not be miserable from indigestion, and most of all I want to hold my baby in my arms. I know my life will never be the same again once Henry is here and I am fine with that. Ok, enough complaining! A week from today is a full moon, so send all of the labor vibes you can send this way! Aaron thinks I am crazy wanting him to come on out!

1 comment:

CGray said...

There's a website site that Oprah had on her show that tells you if you are racist or sexist. It is http://www.understandingprejudice.org/index.php . If you interested in finding out how you really are inside. My results were little or no preference one way or the other. Just thought you might find this interesting.