CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

He is a healthy baby boy!

I think Aaron and I had the best and worst week all in one this week. The nurse telling me that something was wrong with my baby was absolutely devastating to me because there was nothing I could do but wait. Yesterday the doctor telling us that she didn't know why his AFP was elevated that everything looked great were the best words I have heard! She said his spine looked perfect and as she was scanning through all of the other images, she said that everything looked good. The only thing she found wrong with him is that his legs are a little short for his age, but she was not concerned about it since neither Aaron and I are tall and no one in either of our families are tall, just average or short. His heartbeat was 150bpm, which is what it was at the drs. office. We have to go back to this doctor in 4 weeks for another ultrasound.

He was a busy, busy boy while the tech was doing the ultrasound! I didn't drink anything that would have made him more active, just a whole lot of water. They told me to drink 32-48 oz. of water for the ultrasound, and I drank 32 + ounces, I thought my bladder was going to explode! We got some really cute pictures of him, I will scan them later. He was not just laying in one place this time, he was all over the place. The tech kept trying to get a good picture of his little feet but every time she would focus in better, he would move! We saw him give me quite a few nice kicks, too! I may have felt him last night, but I am not sure. It was like a little tap on my belly. When the dr. and tech tried to verify the sex for us, he was shy and had his legs crossed, but the tech and Aaron both said they saw little boy parts. If he turns into a she, she has tons of blue clothes to wear and a very blue room!

That's about all for now!

No comments: