CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Eviction date is set

I went to the dr. today, instead of Thursday. I had to see a male dr., which I didn't really know about, but Aaron and I both LOVED him. He was so informative and super nice. I was not checked to see if I was dilated or effaced anymore because I really don't care to be and he said that it's not like he can predict labor by checking. He is prediciting that the baby will be 7 1/2 to 8 lbs. He said that you can go by how much I have gained and how much I weighed when I was born, which was around 7 1/2 lbs. I did gain 5 lbs. in the past week, but he said it was water weight, not all the doughnuts I ate yesterday :) So the date is set for February 8th, which would have been my grandaddy's birthday.

When I go in for the induction they will decide then how they will induce me. If I am effaced enough, they wil break my water and let nature take it's course, if not they will insert something that will soften my cervix to allow them to break my water. If breaking my water does not work, which he said only fails about 15% of the time, then I will be given pitocin IV. This is what I really hope does not happen because it causes such strong contractions. So we will see if he beats the date or if he will hang in there until Sunday. Aaron said he better not decide to come on Saturday when there is a big basketball game on!

1 comment:

enjjack said...

We know you are glad that you will see the baby soon. The Big Game will mean nothing if the baby decides to come on that day. We have no doubt that you and Aaron will make Excellent Parents. Sending our love and best wishes to your soon expanding family. Hope this finds Abby ,Emma , and Alex doing well. Gran & Paw