CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Trying to break the habit

Why did I even let Jagger start sleeping with me? Last night I decided that I would try to get him to sleep in the pack n play, it didn't go so well. He never cried or anything, he just would not stay asleep. Every time I would get him sleeping and I would fall asleep, he would be awake again. I kept trying until about 4 am and gave up. I put him in the bed with me because I was exhausted. I did put him in bed on a sleep positioner, so he was not right up next to me, but close. On Sunday night I woke up and his little face was planted on my chest and that scares the crap out of me because he could suffocate. Hopefully he will get used to sleeping by himself soon. Like I have said before, I don't want a 8 year old sleeping with me!

On Sunday, Jagger was 1 week old. I can't believe that it has already been over a week since I had this little guy. He is already growing so much. We have a footed sleeper on him today that fits him pretty well, but would have swallowed him this time last week. He is such a good baby. He is never fussy and is always so content. I hope it stays this way! He doesn't like to take a bath and he sometimes gets mad when we change his diaper, but that is it. After his bath, he acts like he feels much better though. His hair is all over the place after his bath. It sticks up everywhere!

I am still doing good. I have read horror stories about recovery from a c-section, but I think I have gotten lucky so far. I rarely take anything for pain, maybe motrin once a day and that is only if I have over done it the day before or if I laid wrong on my incision. I only have 3 lbs. to go to be back at my pre-pregnancy weight.

No comments: