CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jagger's Birth Story

I don't think that Jagger was ever going to come on his on! Aaron and I are SO in love with him. I can't imagine my life without him in it.

As you know I was induced on Sunday 2/8. We got to the hospital around 5 am and I was admitted. They checked my cervix to see the route we would be taking to meet this little guy. I was still only 2 cm dialted, 50% effaced and -2 station, so the dr. decided that I should be started on pitocin and that rupturing my membranes would not be the best idea. So, I am started on pitocin around 6 am. They kept increasing it every 30 minutes, and after 8 hours, I had still made no progress and was really comfortable through all of the contractions, so the dr. decided to rupture my membranes to get things going. I thought I was going to have to start swimming with all of the water that gushed out! The drs. and nurses kept saying "Wow, this is alot of water"! After about a hour, the pain was getting pretty intense, so I was checked again and I was at 4 cm, 75% effaced, but still -2 station. I asked for an epidural at this point. After 2 hours the anesthesiologist finally came in, right after I was given morphine. I was in heaven then! I could not feel anything, nor do I remember much, because of the morphine. Things really started to pick up and the baby became distressed. I don't remember alot of it, which I am sorta of happy about, because I would have been freaking out even more. Every time I would have a contraction, his heart rate would drop way down. They had to place an internal monitor on him and I could only lay on my left side with oxygen. The pitocin was turned off to help him recover. I had finally made it to 10 cm, 100% effaced, but still was only at -1 station. His head would not drop into the birth canal. I started pushing around 9 pm, but by 10:30 pm, he was still really high and the dr. was afraid he would get distressed again if I kept trying to push and thought the best option was to have a c-section. I did not want to have a c-section, but I wanted what was best for him and I was already so tired and weak from vomiting and I didn't feel like I would have ever been able to push him for many more hours that were to come. So after 17 1/2 hours of labor, Jagger William was brought into this world at 11:31 pm on February 8th weighing 7 lbs. 1 oz. and measuring 21 inches. It was love at first sight! I have never seen a prouder daddy either!

So, he barely made it for his great-grandfather's birthday. His first name is a name that Aaron and I both feel in love with when I found it and his middle name is after my grandfather. His bilirubin levels are slightly elevated, but they are keeping a close eye on them and are not much concern at this point.

Here are a few pictures, there are many more to come!


Right after he was born



2 comments:

Stephanie Burns said...

Jamie... He is adorable!!! What a sweet, precious baby boy. And I LOVE his name!

Congratulations!

Stephanie

CGray said...

He is wonderful! I am glad you are all okay!