CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Incorporating Artwork

Ever wonder how you can incorporate your child's artwork into a gift for a family member? I have done several different projects with Jagger and given my mom from paintings that Jagger has done. Jagger has really been into painting lately, so we made some valentines "art" and I knew I was going to be sending out handmade valentine cards to some family members, so I decided to incorporate this art in the cards. I have 3 different cards that I have done so far. First up, a tree of hearts.
I used brown craft cardstock, dark red damask paper, and dark red cardstock. My card is 5 x 4. For the brown tree I used a shimmer paper, which I am loving! Then, you guessed it, I used the painting for the hearts! I have a cricut but use SCAL for all of my cuts. I always search for free svg files before even thinking about buying any! Here is where I got the tree of hearts file. The stamp is from a set I got at Target. I added a little bling to the one heart.

Enjoy and I can't wait to share all of the other projects I have been working on!

1 comment:

ashleylu said...

LOVE this! So cute, and I'm impressed that you used SCAL for this card. I'm still waiting to get it!