CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mickey Mouse Birthday Party

My little guy turned 2 yesterday. It is so hard to believe that 2 years have gone by so quickly! On Sunday, I threw him a Mickey Mouse party and he LOVED it! He is totally obsessed with "mouse!" Here is a sneak peak at all of the tutorials that are to come.
The first thing you need for a party is to create an invitation. I have seen so many ideas floating around, but fell in love with this one.
I created this invitation right after I got my cricut and SCAL, so I was still trying to figure out what I was doing! I found a free Mickey head svg and went from there. The card measured 5.5" tall and 6.5" wide. Then I used the draw tool in SCAL to trace around the bottom portion to create the read "pants." I added real buttons, but you could use ones cut out with the cricut. For the party information in the pocket, I found a Mickey graphic that I liked and then went to Photoshop! It measures 3 x 7.5. I saved it as a jpeg and then opened it up in OpenOffice. There I made 3 fit on a sheet and printed it on white cardstock. Finally, fold it in thirds and place in the pocket! I made custom envelopes for all of them, which did require extra postage.

If you are looking for any of these products to buy, you can find them in my etsy store at: inspiredbyjagger.etsy.com.

No comments: