CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 28, 2011

Shopping List


A while back I saw a post where someone made there own shopping list, of course I had to make one! I finally found some time, during what is going on a 3 hour nap time! By the way, you will have to excuse my lack of post, it has been crazy around here! I have been selling items in my etsy shop which has kept me busy and I came up with a design for an all-in-one diaper changer that I will share with you soon, but they will be for sale in my etsy shop right over there ---------------> in a few days!

Now back to the shopping list! I have seen 2 different tutorials on how to make these, so this is not the only way to make them. I chose to use stuff that I already have here and that was quite so that I didn't interrupt nap time!


Here is what you need:
Glue gun
Heavy cardstock or cardboard cut at 4.25 x 12 inches
Scrapbook paper cut at 4.25 x 12 inches
Coordinating paper cut at 4.25 x 11 inches
Ribbon
Glue stick
Cutting board of some sorts
10 copies of this printable shopping list from here (I did not make this list)
*Note: You can print 26 and have one for each week of the year. I grocery shop once a month and do not need 52 list!

First up, cut your shopping list in half, so at 4.25"
Next, make all of your other cuts as noted above. Also, score your heavy cardstock and scrapbook paper at 1" and 7/8".
Glue all your pieces down. As you can see, the coordinating paper is for underneath the shopping list and the main scrapbook paper is for the back of the list to be folded over.
Line all of your shopping list papers up on the heavy cardstock, nice and neat.
Use your glue gun to put glue where the top of the list will be and also on the top sheet of paper.

Fold it over, be careful not to burn yourself.
Now, use some glue, very neatly, and put it on the sides of the paper but do not go past the bottom of the heavy cardstock. Hold it until the glue dries. If it looks crappy, like the picture below, you can run your finger over it to smooth it out, but do this with caution as it can burn you.

I didn't like the way the top looked, so I added some coordinating ribbon. I glued it where just a tiny bit would hang over the lip so that the paper could still be torn off easily.

You can now leave it as is or add a magnetic strip or in my case a 3M picture hanger! Since I have stainless appliances and didn't want to put the list on the side of the fridge, in hopes that my hubby will mark something when we need it, I used one of these command hooks!

Voila, there you have a custom shopping list! I decided to add the little brad that I had here to spice it up a little more.
(Please excuse the smudges on the fridge! I could clean this thing daily, and it would still have smudges everywhere from some little monster in this house!)

No comments: