CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bottle review

I thought I would give a review of the different bottles we have tried. Jagger is almost always breastfed, especially now that I am always home with him.

1. Playtex Drop-ins
These seem to be the best we have come across. I like them because you do not have alot to wash, just the nipple and then occasionally the ring, top, and actual bottle. If you are going to use them, use the playtex brand liners, the others suck. I bought the off brand one's at wal-mart and they do not collapse as nice, which causes gas. They are supposed to be some of the best to help with gas, but Jagger still gets gas every once in a while. He only likes the latex nipple, not the silicone one.
2. Breastflow by First Years
Very neat bottle. It works like the breast and lets down as it sees how baby sucks. Baby has to work for the milk, it does not just poor in his mouth. It has more parts, so more to wash. You have to know just how to get baby to lath well on it, or it leaks. Aaron doesn't like it for this reason. Jagger also gets gas if he is not latched on correctly. I really like this bottle.
3. Dr. Brown's
Not for the breastfed baby. Jagger will not take this one. I bought it since it is so highly raved about for gas issues. The nipple is NOTHING like a breast. It is also the hard slicone, so he doesn't like it. It also has TONS of parts that you have to wash and know just how to use it. I don't recommend this to a mother who is going to breastfeed. Maybe it is better for those that formula feed because the baby doesn't know what the breast is like, but I don't like them. My mom knows alot of moms who really like this bottle and recommend it, this is why I tried it, but I don't recommend it.

No comments: