CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cloth Diaper Review

I thought it was time that I tell you how my cloth diaper journey is going! I am so glad I decided to go this route. Before I was even pregnant with Jagger I had been looking at reviews on cloth diapering and read such great reviews on them. When I told people that I was going to use cloth diapers, they kind of turned their nose up like I was crazy not knowing how far cloth diapering had come. I would always explain that the diapers I was planning to use fit just like a disposable, but no change! When I read how much a child's diapers filled up the land fill and how long it takes for them to dissolve, I knew that I was making the right choice! Another benefit, they are so cute!! Downside, they are bulky. Another benefit, you pay just over $400 up front and you have bought all the diapers you are going to buy for your child's life! This is only if you use BumGenius 3.0 one-size. We had to buy sposies to use on Jagger for the first 5-6 weeks since he was so small and spent probably over $100 on them. (Mommy brain makes me forget how many boxes we bought!) So, now you see the savings that will come your way! I love the BG's! They are so easy to put on, no blow outs, the moisture is pulled away from the booty, they grow with baby, and cute colors. I haven't tried any others, so I can't compare. From all the reviews I have read though, the BG's are the favorites. The only complaint is they are bulky. As Jagger has gotten bigger, they do not look and fit as bulky.

Now, to the cleaning of the diapers. This is so easy and not gross. When changing the diaper you just throw it in a can with a lid. Then it comes time to wash them, about every 2-3 days. You take out the inner liner and then throw the liner and outside in the washer. You wash the first cycle on cold and then the second on hot with a 1/4 of the amount of detergent you would normally use. You have to use a free and clear detergent. I want to buy some Crunchy Clean to start using, I am hoping to when I get done with All free and clear. To dry, I throught the liners int the dryer and line dry the outsides.

How many do you need? We have 24 and it seems to be a good number. Like I said, I wash every 2-3 days and it should decrease as he gets older.

So, if you are having a baby or already have babies, you should definetly consider cloth diapers. I am so glad we did! If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me an email!

Good resources:

Cotton Babies
PinStripes and PolkaDots
Jillian's Drawers
Diaper Pin

2 comments:

heather1.wall said...

Hey girl! I'm gonna drive you crazy, but this is all new to me!! I printed off the info on the cloth diapers and it sounds like something I could like to try, but where are the prices? I couldn't find them posted! Thank you so much for helping me!

heather1.wall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.