CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The things they don't tell you

We were talking about the things that you don't read or that you aren't told about child birth and postpartum at work a few days ago. There are several things I wished I would have known about, so here you go you expecting ladies!!

1. If you are induced, expect the unexpected. I was told that I should have no problem with the induction and it should end in a vaginal birth, wrong. The main reason I never wanted to be induced was because I didn't want to have a c-section. I wanted to experience a vaginal birth. My plans going into the hospital was to not have an epidural, but pitocin contractions SUCK! Even though I made it for longer than I had liked since the anesthesiologist took forever, they SUCKED!
2. Expect vomiting! I thought I would probably vomit, because that is just me, but not like I did. Then they made me drink some nasty crap that was supposed to stop the vomiting before going into surgery. It felt like acid going down and coming up. Not a fun experience!
3. Mesh panties. They are SEXY!! They are the ugliest, grandma panties you have ever seen, but they are so comfortable! They hold those big mama pads perfect too!!
4. Baby Blues. They are horrible and you cry at the drop of a pin. I cried so much for so many unknown reasons. I thought something was wrong with me! Everytime I thought about having to have a c/s I cried, everytime they came to poke my tiny little baby's heel, I cried, when I got home and looked at myself in the mirror, I cried, when one of the dog's peed in the floor, I cried. Seriously, I should have been dehydrated I cried so much!
5. If you have a c/s, expect ever little movement to hurt at first. I could barely get out of bed at first it hurt so bad, when I coughed, laughed, sneezed, it hurt.
6. You don't forget your birthing experience, I don't care what anyone says! I can remember it all and mine sucked. Yes Jagger was worth every bit of it, but I could care less about going through it again!
7. Your house will be the dirtiest it has ever been for several weeks after giving birth. I could care less what my house looked like because I did not have the time or energy to clean it.
8. Sleep deprivation. Yes, you have heard it, you will be so tired, so sleep when the baby does. You some how learn to live with such little sleep and are able to funciton on 3-4 hours of sleep and feel like you got a full nights rest. I rarely slept when Jagger did because I felt like I finally had time to be to myslef, go pee, clean up, cook, watch tv, or browse the internet.
9. Breastfeeding. You are the only one who can do it, so there is no relief. If you have to feed your baby every 2 hours, that means if he starts eating at 2 and eats for 45min to 1 hour, you are ready to start again at 4. It is very exhausting and you will question yourself constantly about if you made the right choice, but believe me, it is SO worth it. After about 6 weeks, it gets so easy. I love breastfeeding now.
10. Postpartum period. Just because you breastfeed doesn't mean you will not get your period for a while. I got mine at 6 weeks pp and have had it a second time. Mine were not bad, but I have heard they can be.
11. Your body changes. I am one of the lucky ones that was all baby and lost all of my weight by 2 weeks pp. I am now down 10lbs. below my pre-preg weight, but ladies, that doesn't mean a thing! I wore a size 6 pants before baby and now I wear a 10. The extra skin makes you have muffin top bad! Oh yeah about the extra skin, it is so disguisting. Seriously, when I first looked in the mirror at my belly, I wanted to vomit. It was so saggy I had to pull it up to even see my c/s scare. It has gotten alot better, but it is still there.

That is all I can think of right now, but I am sure I will add too it!

No comments: